Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: One man's take on AGPLA...

  1. #21
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Excellent thread! What a wonderful, entertaining and funny AS perspective you caught! I loved it all!! I am still working on my DH. I have told him about JeanetteM's Jack/the six dolls at once/and that fact he was AGLA with her AND WITH A A HB NAMETAG ON TOO (What a great guy, huh?)!!...anyway, do you think it phased my DH (AKA Mr. Conservative)??...NOPE not at all!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ROTFL!! Your BF's comments are so funny!! I think DH will get a kick out of them when he gets home. Sounds like you both had a fun time! Thanks for sharing!

  3. #23
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My DH is supportive about my dolls financially, but I wish he would support my hobby for me. I want to go to an AGP soooo much. I still haven't convinced him, but I am going to print out some of the comments about DH's on here and see if I can't swing him into going!

  4. #24
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    LOL!! I loved all your boyfriend's comments...he is so funny!!
    We share a love of bad jokes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My DH and I are the same way too.

    "I wish I had ten thousand dollars."
    Me: Aww! You want to get me all of the American Girl collection?
    Paul: "Actually, I want that huge wall-monitor at the Mac store."
    Me: "Oh."
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds just like my husband!

    I love this post.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by only1genevieve:
    I'm glad you guys enjoyed his comments as much as me! I just remembered two more, guys:

    "No no, I'll carry it. I'm secure in my masculinity." (holding the basket of doll clothes)

    And,

    "The doll has a doll? Does that doll have a suitcase with a doll? Does it, like, go back into infinity of dolls having dolls like one of those paintings?"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL That first comment could be from my husband when I ask him to carry my purse.

    Your second comment is almost exactly what my son said only he added rolling of his eyes. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] He wanted to know when it would ever end. He also thought he was quite clever and laughed at his own comments. LOL

  6. #26
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL I love the $10,000 comment. My dad, siblings and I dropped in on JustMagicMaria to see her doll house. The only thing my dad could talk about for weeks afterwards was her TV!

  7. #27
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, but it's a *cool* TV! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member x.n.d.x's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2006
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol!!!!!!

  9. #29
    Inactive Member danaspillar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like you gotta hang on to this guy, he sounds great!

    My own husband for my birthday a few years ago went down to AGPC ON HIS OWN (well, he had along then-2-yr-old DD) and bought me Kaya. What a sweetheart. While she isn't my favorite doll, for that reason alone I could never give her up.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Judy 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, I love these quotes! I went to AGPNY with DH once - he was great, if very quiet, while we were there. We tried to get my three (teenaged) boys to check out the cafe, but they turned and ran out when they saw how pink it was!

    Judy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •